Appliance License Transfer
There are many scenarios that may require the transfer of a license from one Meraki dashboard organization to another. Previously, moving Co-Termination license keys between organizations could only be performed by a member of the Meraki Support team, but now this feature is available to all Meraki customers using the Co-termination model. This article will outline the process.
- The administrator requesting the transfer must have the same verified email address in the source and destination organizations.
- Only administrators with Full Read-Write permissions on both source and destination organizations will be able to perform a license transfer. Read-Only organization administrators do not have permission to move licenses. SAML admins with full org access can also move licenses.
- You can only move license keys that are active, and individually expired licenses cannot be moved or used to extend time in the destination organization
- Close all browser tabs besides the source organization's License Info page
- Having more than one Dashboard organization open in your browser sends the user session record of the latest organization that you opened and then could result in "License move failed, Try again or contact Meraki".
- Ensure all organization admins understand the science of co-term calculation to avoid negatively impacting your organization. You can also use the license co-term calculator to approximately calculate the state of licenses before initiating the move.
Performing A License Transfer
Customers can transfer licenses on the dashboard UI. To initiate a license transfer on the UI, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the source organization's Organization > Configure > License Info page
- Scroll down to the License History section and click on the Move button next to the source license key that needs to be transferred
- A pop-up window should allow you to select the destination organization, License operation on the destination end, and quantity of the product models associated with the key.
- Select the destination organization from the dropdown
- Select the desired license operation
To understand more about license operations in co-termination, please refer to this documentation.
6. Slide the slider to select the device type and count to be moved to the destination organization.
You can move the entire key with all counts of device type licenses available in the key, or you can split the transfer with the selected device type and count to be moved to the destination org.
7. Verify all the details and once confirmed, click on the Move button.
Security Appliance High Availability Configuration
High Availability with More Than Two Physical WAN Uplinks Although only two active uplinks are supported at a time on an active/primary MX, additional uplinks should be utilized for tertiary failover on the secondary MX. One or two additional uplinks ...
OS Client VPN Setup
Client VPN OS Configuration This article outlines instructions to configure a client VPN connection on commonly used operating systems. For more information about client VPN, please refer to our Client VPN Overvi documentation. For troubleshooting, ...
SCW 24 Port PoE Switch - Tech Specs
24×10/100Mbps POE Ethernet ports 2×Gigabit combo ports (use either RJ45 or SFP, for each) PoE complies with IEEE802.3af/at, up to 30W for single port Up to 750 feet transmission distance with SCW Admiral or Imperial line cameras. Easy to use, no need ...